Thursday, September 4, 2008

TRAILS: PART OF HIS LOVING PLAN,

"How Can A Good God Of Love, who has everything in His control, let such a thing happen to me?" So asked a young women who had received severe injuries through a fall from a horse. "Crippled for life," she overheard the doctor say.
The pastor was silent for a moment. "Did you suffer much pain when they put on the cast?
"The pain was terrible," she replied.
"Where was your father then?"
"He stood right by me," she replied.
"Did your father allow the doctor to hurt you that way?"
"Yes, but that was necessary."
"Did your father allow the doctor to hurt you even though he loved you, or because he loved
you?"
"You mean to suggest that because God loves me,
He also allowed me to be hurt?"
The pastor answered with a nod, "This thing is from me." Let these five words from 1Kings 12:24 comfort you. They will furnish a silver lining to the cloud. Yours is not a case of "hard luck." This trial was planned by God."
If you are His Child, He is preparing you for better service. Shakespeare said, "in sickness, let me not so much say, "Am I getting better of my pain?" but, "am I getting better for it? "
Let us not say, "When will I be getting out of this?' but, "What will I be getting out of this?'
HE WILL DRAW YOU CLOSER TO HIM, THROUGH THIS TRIAL
.

No comments: