Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cut Open AGAIN!

Well again bad news for me. I woke up last night with my nightie full of blood. Now my other breast is not healing. I went to see Dr Valgii and he said I will probably have to get the same thing done with my left breast as the right (cut open and restitched) it is white and gooey looking, and it stings. Why do things also go wrong for me. I have always been a slow healer but this is getting ridiculous. Dr. Ali can do it right in the office like he did before. I was very pretty upset all day. Thanks God for zanax!!! It did relax me. My good friend Joy talked me into going to a "Look Good, Feel Good Program". It is through our hospital, for breast cancer patients.I met lots of nice ladies. It feels nice knowing I am not alone. In fact, I am better off. All of the ladies I met have to have Chemo. I do not. Again, It makes me realize that there is always someone who is having more problems then me. We learned how to apply make-up. which we were able to take all of it home. We all got a nice gift bag with so so much make-up and cleanser. Then they showed the ladies all these wigs. They were trying them one. They all looked so nice. It was emotional for all of us.I cryed right along with them. They wanted me to try one on but I was afraid I would look better with the wig on. After I left I thought... I should have did it, I could have came home with all my new make-up on and a new wig!! Keith probably would have loved that. I am so glad Joy talked me into going, I was feeling so depressed. I did not even want to go. I just put a big, big piece of gauze over my breast and off I went. Joy's sister went, she is a breast cancer survivor herself, and told her how much fun it was, she was was right. It picked my spirits up. I needed that. THANKS TO JOY AGAIN. I am glad I usually listen to her advice.lol And my friend Molly, she was right. We need a truck load supply of gauze! time to go and take a bath and bedtime.

2 comments:

joy whitman said...

GLAD YOU WENT TODAY AND GOT A CHANCE TO UNWIND AND RELAX, YOU DESERVE IT GIRLFRIEND. AND IM SO HAPPY THAT YOU DONT NEED CEMMO EITHER. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN WHEN WE SEE OTHER PEOPLES SITUATIONS AND THINK, I DONT HAVE IT AS BAD AS I THINK. ITS A GOOD WAKE UP CALL FOR ME, BECAUSE THEN I START THANKING GOD FOR WHAT THE EXPERIENCE HAS DONE TO ME. REMIND ME TO GIVE YOU THIS POEM MY MOM WANTED ME TO COPY SO SHE COULD GIVE IT TO MY SISTER DIANE. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SOMETHING YOU COULD APPRECIATE ALSO. ANOTHER EYE OPENER ON HOW WE VIEW OUR SITUATIONS AND HOW GOD VIEWS THEM. GOOD STUFF.....P/S. ANY MAKE UP YOU DONT LIKE, PASS IT ON GIRL....LOL(JUST KIDDING ) XOXOXO

Molly Brawley said...

Oh Steph, I am so sorry about your mess! It WILL get better. I was just telling someone that my dentist wants me to get my wisdom teeth out. I told her I just couldn't have any more surgeries for awhile. Just plain tired of it. I know you are too.

Got the areola checked yesterday and the PS said it was healing nicely. I consider that aspect of my cancer journey a blessing as i have had very little complications.
I go back in 6 weeks to decide next step.

Off to Andrews football game tonight. He is the quarterback and I am a nervous wreck about it. He thinks I am nuts.

Talk to you soon sister--

Molly