Wednesday, October 1, 2008
I did not get much sleep last night. I am concerned about my chemo and making the right decision. I thought about it all night. I actually have three opinions, not just two. The first is from my oncologist.... my choice, with a 10% increase in my cure rate if I do the chemo. I have a 80% cure rate as of now and can improve it to 90%, the second is from my surgeon.... I was brought up in the "board meeting" with 3 oncologists and a few surgeons and doctors.... they recommend I do chemo since like I said last night, it is a systematic disease and it could have spread already and the chemo will kill any cells still in my body. But my question is ... Does it kill it? my mom did chemo and the cancer still came back! Many people do chemo and get cancer again. But then, I feel once they cut ya open it spreads anyway, not sure if that is the way to look at things. And then I have the opinion of my second opinion doctor ( which is a much bigger hospital.. St Joe's Medical Center) and that oncologist feels that chemo does not respond to this type of cancer. And then there is my friend Molly... her doctor feels that chemo does not work either... So now what???? Hopefully when I go to Karmos Cancer Center someone there will have experience with this type, (non of my doctors so far have had experience with it!) I need to make a decision.